Carrot Cake – Healthy Make Ahead Breakfast Cookies
Cookies aren’t just for dessert! Cook up a batch of these delicious little wonders and enjoy them any time of day.
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 3/4 cups flour, gluten free or all purpose
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup+1 Tbsp non-dairy milk (I like unsweetened almond)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 Tbsp water, let sit for a few minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrot
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir. Next, add all remaining ingredients and mix again until everything is combined.
Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the batter onto the parchment paper. Pat the tops down a little to give cookie shape and bake for 15-17 minutes, until firm and cooked through. Let cool on a wire rack before eating.
- You can use a regular egg in place of the flax egg for a vegetarian option.