Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Fall rolled up in a cookie is what these are! I love these with a nice warm cup of herbal tea as I sit next to a roaring fireplace. Now if only the weather would cooperate and get chilly enough for the fireplace.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 3/4 cup flour, gluten free or regular (I like to use almond flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps milk, I like unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 flax egg, or regular egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2-3 tbsp water, let sit 5 mins)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, dairy free if necessary
Here are your instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Next add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Use a large cookie scoop, or spoon, and spoon the cookie dough onto a non-stick lined cookie sheet and bake cookies for about 15-17 minutes.
Let cookies cool on a cooling rack before enjoying.
Cookies should be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen in an airtight freezer friendly container for up to 3 months.