LOW CARB MEXICAN CAULIFLOWER RICE
This vegan side dish is bursting with traditional Mexican flavors and ready in just 30 minutes!
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets (stems removed and washed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- small onion (finely chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder (or red chilli powder)
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander (or cilantro)
- Salt to taste
- More cilantro, sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice etc. for topping
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy.
Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes till they soften. Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes until it’s tender.
Top with your favorite toppings and serve hot.
- I like my food spicy, but if you don’t, feel free to de-seed the jalapeno.
- Cauliflower rice is best served immediately. Stored cauliflower rice can get a little mushy because of the water that gets released from the cauliflower during the cooking process.
- My favorite toppings are sour cream (or Greek yogurt), cilantro, and avocados.