Cashew Rice Noodles with Crunchy Veggies
This vegan noodle bowl is delicious and comforting!
Don’t be scared by the number of ingredients, it is actually super quick and easy to assemble. Plus, you can switch it up based on what veggies you have on-hand.
- 1½ cup cashews
- 1-inch piece raw ginger root, peeled and chopped
- ½ red chile or jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil or sesame oil
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 4 oz. dried rice noodles
- Sea salt
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 medium radishes, chopped
- 2 small carrots, sliced thinly in rounds
- 1 chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Hot water
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Toast cashews on baking sheet or aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Toss halfway through. Let cool.
Crush ½ cup cashews and set aside.
Transfer remaining cashews into blender. Add ginger, chile/jalapeno, garlic, soy sauce, oil, 3 tbsp lime juice, and ¼ cup hot water.
Puree on high, add more hot water if needed until dressing is creamy and smooth.
Cook noodles according to instructions on the package. Rinse and drain.
In a medium bowl, add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp lime juice. Toss with noodles.
Toss cucumber, carrots, cilantro, radishes, scallions, remaining 2 tbsp lime juice and pinch of salt in large bowl.
Spread about half the cashew dressing in each of two serving bowls. Divide noodles and veggies among the two. Top with remaining cashews and serve with any leftover sauce.