Pistachio-Apple Bars with Chia Seeds
These are great to enjoy as a snack or a dessert with a cup of herbal tea.
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups puffed barley cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted pistachios
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°
In a microwave safe bowl, mix cashew butter, honey, olive oil, vanilla, and salt.
Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
In a separate bowl, combine cereal, oats, apple, cranberries, and pistachios.
Pour cashew mixture over barley mixture, and toss gently to combine.
Press into an 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle the top with chia seeds, pressing down lightly to stick them to the mixture.
Bake at 350° for 10 Cool, slice, and enjoy!