Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada Bowls
This dish is ideal for meal prepping as it tastes better as left overs and can be used in so many different ways. You can serve it over brown rice or quinoa for a “bowl meal” or over a bed of greens for a Mexican style salad. Another option is to serve it alongside some warm corn tortillas or simply eat it as is! Enjoy!!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and spiralized (Option: grate the sweet potato if you don't have a spiralizer)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small can enchilada sauce, about 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked rice or quinoa (optional)
- Optional toppings: Diced avocado, tomato, cilantro, salsa
Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and onion. Sauté onion for 2 minutes and then add the peppers and sweet potato. Cook vegetables until tender, 7-10 minutes.
Next, add the black beans, corn, and all the spices. Stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
Add in enchilada sauce, mix until combined and cook until everything is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Serve over rice, if desired, and top with your favorite toppings.