Sweet Plantain Guacamole
A new twist on an old favorite! The plantain adds a hint of sweetness plus provides fiber and potassium (among other things). Let me know how you like it!
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large brown plantain, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3 large avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- ¼ medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped jalapeno
- ½ Juice of lime
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once hot, add half of the
garlic to the pan along with diced plantain.
When the plantain begins to brown, sprinkle with salt and flip to brown on other side.
Add the water to the pan and cover to steam the plantain.
Once the plantain is soft, remove from the heat to cool.
Meanwhile, scoop the avocados from the skin and put in a large mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork. Add the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Fold in the plantains. Chill in the fridge before serving. Enjoy!