30 Minute Orange Ginger Zucchini Noodle & Chickpea Bowls
This recipe is terrific for meal prepping, and the fact that it’s ready in a quick 30 minutes will have you adding it to your weekly rotation of meals. Enjoy!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rice, uncooked (preferably brown)
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Chopped green onion for garnish, optional
Orange Ginger Sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated finely
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
Cook the rice according to package directions. Add all orange ginger sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
Spiralize the zucchini. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the zucchini. Season with a pinch of salt and cook zucchini until tender, 5-7 minutes.
Next, add the chickpeas and pour in the sauce. Cook until sauce is thickened, 8-10 minutes.
Divide the rice into 4 equal portions and then top with equal portions of the zucchini and chickpeas. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
*Equally divide rice and zucchini mixture into 4 containers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.