Pumpkin Muffins With Pumpkin Spice Frosting
Ingredients For muffins:
- 1¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (preferably Bob’s Red Mill® All- Purpose Baking Flour, red label)
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups 100% pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 packets Pumpkin Spice Plant-Based Vegan Shakeology
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin papers and lightly coat with spray.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; whisk until combined; set aside.
Place pumpkin puree, coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and extract in a separate mixing bowl; whisk until smooth.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture; whisk until smooth and well-incorporated.
Divide batter evenly among muffin papers and bake, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating once, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
While muffins are baking, in a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, coconut sugar, and coconut milk. Beat with a hand blender on low until combined then slowly add in Shakeology until combined.
Turn hand blender up to medium-high and beat until frosting is fluffy.
Once muffins are completely cooled, top each with 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. frosting and enjoy!