Vegan Coconut Lime Zoodles with Chili Tamari Tofu (gluten-free)
Ingredients For the Zoodles
- 1 can (13.5oz/400ml) Full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups zucchini zoodles
- 4 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp ground or fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Pinch of salt
For the Tofu
- 1 block (13.5oz) extra firm tofu
- 4 Tbsp low sodium tamari
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or ground chili pepper of your choice)
- garlic chili paste-- optional and only if you want to really turn up the heat
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Drain tofu, and press out excess moisture. Cube into roughly 1"x1" blocks.
Mix together tamari, olive oil and cayenne. In a shallow dish, arrange the tofu cubes in a single layer, and pour the mixture over the tofu. Flip the pieces a few times so that they are evenly coated.
Place the tofu pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
While the tofu is baking, make your zoodles. Add to a pan on medium low heat, along with the rest of the zoodle ingredients and mix until well combined. Partially cover and cook for about 10 minutes. You can add some minced garlic for extra flavor, too.
Once the tofu is done, let everything cool for a few minutes before plating. Garnish with lime zest, red pepper flakes, and more sesame seeds.
I like my food extra spicy so I add some garlic chili paste to the tofu marinade. It kicks it up a notch (or two)! I add minced garlic to my zoodles for both the health and taste benefits.