Coconut Oil Uses
I love coconut! I’m talking coconut anything: soap, ice cream, lotion, car deodorizers, coconut milk, etc. I guess it’s the Caribbean Island girl in me– so when coconut oil was declared a healthy alternative to some other fats, you know I was all over that!
Coconut oil has become very popular over the last few years, and there are hundreds of uses for it. I use it daily both in the kitchen and in the bathroom. In what follows are the main ways that I use it.
- Add 1 tsp of organic coconut oil to your superfoods shake for a subtle nutty flavor and added creaminess that will make your taste buds happy.
- Use organic coconut oil in place of other oils to saute vegetables.
- Substitute organic coconut oil for butter when baking.
- Condition your wood cutting board by rubbing coconut oil into it.
- Make bullet proof coffee—this little concoction will fool you into thinking you are having a fancy drink at one of those overpriced coffee shops. Brew your coffee as usual. Add 1 tsp of organic coconut oil to it and blend it up (blending is a MUST). Enjoy!
- Save on lip gloss and dab on some coconut oil. Not only does it give your lips a nice sheen, it also moisturizes them.
- In the shower, add a small amount of coconut oil to your conditioner for added smoothness and shine. Rinse as usual.
- Ditch the shaving cream. Smooth on a small amount of coconut oil on your legs and shave away!
- Use as a full body moisturizer. A little goes a long way, so don’t overdo it. You want just enough to allow your skin to absorb it.
- To tame frizzy, brittle ends of your hair, apply a small amount of coconut oil to dry hair. Avoid applying to the roots as this will cause greasiness.
As I mentioned, there are hundreds of uses for coconut oil. I’d be interested in knowing how you use it, so drop a comment below and let me know!